1) The first thing you need to do upon arrival is CHECK IN. You will see VENDOR CHECK IN signs at the PrideFest Central Tent at 5th & Capitol.
2) Vendors may start setting up any time after 7:30 a.m. and must be set up by 11:30 a.m. You will be able to drive your vehicle into the festival venue to unload until 9:30 a.m. (you will enter from 5th & Cook and exit at 6th & Capitol). For those of you with trailers or double booth spaces, please try to be there as close to 7:30-8 a.m. as possible. After that, you will have to get your merchandise, handouts, tent, etc. in from wherever you park. We will have assistance with golf carts available to help you cart your “stuff” to your booth space.
3) You signed up to be a 6 pm vendor or a 10 pm vendor. Unless the weather is ugly, you need to keep your booth in place until your chosen close down time. For those closing up at 6pm, we will be opening up the street so that you may drive in to load up your merchandise. Please do not bring your vehicle into the venue until you are ready to load. This prevents the roads from being blocked for significant amounts of time. (this traffic will flow in the same manner as set up). Those of you leaving at 10pm, you should have no trouble getting in and out. Again, please refrain from blocking the roads for significant periods of time.
4) Those of you who requested the use of electricity, please bring an extension cord or two.
5) Remember, you may sell items ONLY if you applied for a Peddler’s Permit (which we are getting, for the entire event, from the City of Springfield).
6) The entire block just south of our event (which was previously a parking lot) is under construction. The best parking will be at the parking ramp at 6th and Capitol. You may also find on-street parking around the event (Monroe St. / 4th, 6th, 7th Streets) and there is a parking ramp at 7th and Monroe.
7) Remember – all booth spaces must be covered with a 10×10 tent and you need to weight it down (blocks, bricks, water jugs).
8) This event is a free, family friendly event. Please, if you have any issues or see any problem activity, let a security team member know (they will be wearing bright yellow shirts) or a Springfield Police officer – depending on what the issue is.
9) Finally – have a great day! If the weather is good/great, we expect 12,000 – 15,000 people!
Thank you for being a part of this great event!
Below is the IL Department of Revenue Special Event Form For PrideFest.